Attending the TNNA NeedleArts Winter Trade Show? We need volunteers to help events run smoothly and ensure the show is a success!
We’re currently seeking volunteers for the Fashion Show and the Yarn Group Lounge.
Get involved in the TNNA Fashion Show!
It’s not too late to submit a garment to the Fashion Show! The Yarn Group has lowered the fees to submit a garment and with each additional garment, the costs go down. Please remember that it is our job to inspire our customers to come and to create excitement with new designs and new yarns. We anticipate about 300 or more people to be in the room for the Fashion Show. How about making this an incredible event? How about letting our customers know that we truly appreciate that they are there? If you ever question why fewer customers attend the show, look at how each of our events get smaller because we all pull back. Let’s give them something to talk about, Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat/
Help out behind the scenes and gain exposure with people looking to be inspired. Plus, you’ll get to see the garments up close and personal!
Responsibilities may include:
- Helping set up the Fashion Show
- Checking in garments and organizing the racks
- Transferring racks to the Fashion Show area
- Serving as a dresser during the Fashion Show
- Ensuring garments are in correct order and fit models properly
Serve as the Committee Co-Chair
Looking to make a larger impact leading up to the Fashion Show? Serve as the committee co-chair with Barry Klein and assist with the Fashion Show script and speakers. It will be a joint effort in the creative process.
Remember, it’s your TNNA. We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to connect with fellow needlearts professionals, customers, and TNNA members. Be open to the experience and you’ll have the time of your life!
Lend a hand in the Yarn Group Lounge!
Set Up and Break Down
We need at least two volunteers to help set up and decorate the Yarn Group Lounge on Friday, Jan. 20. Yarn Group Lounge sponsors can display a garment and any literature they would like in the lounge. Mannequins, a table, and a clothing rack will be in the booth ready to be set up.
A table for the Booth Hop also needs to be set up. There will be printed passports, instructions, a passport dropbox and the set up for the daily drawing. Volunteers will be provided with all the materials. Your job is to make it look nice!
On Monday afternoon, during break down, all garments will need to be returned, and all mannequins and the clothing rack will need to be packed up and labeled for return to TNNA Headquarters. Experience with booth setup and breakdown will be an advantage for prospective volunteers.
We need at least three volunteers to help run the Yarn Group Booth Hop!
- Delivering Yarn Group stickers to participating exhibitors for them to use to “stamp” passports during the show. TNNA staff will provide the volunteer with a list of participants and booth numbers.
- Announcing prize winners during the show for our twice-daily drawing. When attendees pick up their passports in the Yarn Group Lounge, they will be asked to drop a business card in a bowl. The volunteer pulls a card at random and announces the winner of the drawing on the loudspeaker (at the TNNA desk in the Lounge). Volunteers will be provided with a list of participating exhibitors, prizes and corresponding booth numbers on a pre-printed script.
- Collecting the passports from the dropbox at the end of the show and bringing them to TNNA staff.
For more information on getting involved with the Fashion Show or Yarn Group Lounge, please reply to this email and send your contact information to email@example.com. Notify them that you are interested in joining the Fashion Show team or assisting with the Yarn Group Lounge.