Help us make this year’s show a success. Volunteer your time and creative skills to help make the show in DC the best TNNA to date.
Get involved, and show your commitment to the industry. Getting involved in the show is a great way to meet new colleagues, and is a requisite for board level involvement in the organization. If you’ve got what it takes to take TNNA to the next level, start volunteering today!
Window Displays: At each show, the product segment groups get together and findvolunteers to design retail display windows in the lobby of the convention center. This year, Yarn Group is partnering with the spinning and weaving group, as well as the cross stitch, embroidery, and needlepoint groups to make a really exciting CRAFT shop window, incorporating all the aspects of TNNA.
The theme for the window is Americana – in honor of both the kitsch factor and that the show is in Washington DC – and we have been tasked to find volunteers who would like to assist in the setup of the display on Friday June 10th. We are looking for people to loan items for display, and also help the other groups with setting up the display. This is a great opportunity to get to know members from other product groups, and will require the volunteers to coordinate with a larger group. Good organizational skills are a must! We will put the volunteers in touch with the other group members coordinating this effort.
Heritage Americana Window Display
We would like: an old style spinning wheel, lucets, needy noddy, pillows, wall hangings, samplers, any with eagles, vintage looking flag things, stars, tall ships, freedom verbiage, yarns and threads and rovings in vintage tones of red, white, cream, gold color, and blues. We will be bringing a small desk, chair, bunting, baskets and flag if we can find one. Carding brushes, nostepinne, table top weaving loom, drop spindles, BIG knitting needles.
TNNA will reimburse any shipping costs to ship items for the displays.
Set up for this is on Friday June 10th.
Yarn Group Lounge: The Yarn Group, as well as the other product segments groups (Needlepoint, Counted Thread and Embroidery, Spinning and Weaving) all have a lounge at the show where they can display sponsor’s items, information about Yarn Group, and just relax. I am looking for some volunteers to decorate the lounge, and set up display items.
Duties would include:
- Arranging furniture (All fixtures will be in the booth on Friday morning for set up).
- Collecting sponsor garments for display on mannequins.
- Working with sponsors to ensure that their promo materials are in the lounge and arranged nicely.
- Coordinating scheduled events with the trade show committee
- Bonus points for creating an awesome theme and decorating the lounge with fun yarn-related items.
- TNNA will reimburse you for and shipping and other costs associated with decorating the lounge (prior approval for expenditures must go through Courtney).
Set up is Friday June 10th.
Fashion Show: The Fashion Show is on Friday night at 6 pm and prior to the show we need some helpers to collect garments, organize the garments backstage, and during the show we always need dressers to help the models. This is a really fun opportunity to get backstage access!
The Fashion Show is the evening of Friday June 10th.
Yarn Group Meeting: There are door prizes for the Yarn Group meeting and we need two volunteers to hand out raffle tickets to attendees.
Sunday June 12th.
Yarn Group After Party:
- Goodie Bag Makers: We need a few volunteers to coordinate with After Party sponsors to ensure that they are donating their 50 goodie bag prizes for the party. They will need to collect them at the show, and then put the goodie bags together.
- We need two volunteers to miss the Yarn Group Meeting to set up the after party event at Flight Wine Bar. They will need to bring the goodie bags to the event and work with Flight Staff to arrange the goodie bags for attendees.
Sunday June 12th 7-10pm.
Yarn Group Booth Hop: This year Yarn Group is having a Booth Hop!
- Collecting business cards from registration to pull daily drawing winners
- Announcing Daily Drawings
- Answering questions from members.
- Handing out supplies (signage, stickers) to exhibitors on Friday, set up day.
- Collecting passports from retailers (we need someone to make a cool dropbox for passports to put in the lounge).